Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Girl

Through the insults and disgrace I looked beyond and found friendship
Bt the stabs in the back felt deeper than the Ocean
The girl I used to know has disappeared
The girl has gone astray like the dogs in the street that sniff every corner for a good familiar smell
I look at you in disbelieve and disgust
In pain and anger...
Searching to find the hole that caused the leak
But here I stand facing the hole eye to eye...it's you!
I see you speeding through the checkpoints of life
It's like you got no breaks
You need to slow down Before you run over a cliff and hit rock bottom...
The girl I used to call my friend is now my enemy
It's not a coincidence that I heard a man preach this morning on the radio about things i need to let go
No it wasn't a coincidence, it was a realization
He was talking about you!
The lies!...the insults!...the hatred!
I never thought they were real
I familiarized myself with only love...kindness...care
That the dark side of those just hanged on long enough to find its way to creep up on me
The girl is gone forever
Cut off! Removed! And replaced!
Its over...
The girl I know is the girl I knew





No comments:

Post a Comment