Monday, February 27, 2012

Alone

Alone

The street light beams on top of me
As if its a play and the spot light is on me
Except this time eyes are not on me

Loneliness is the theme
And I am the protagonist
All the other characters have left
And the stage is to be my own

Loneliness

Even a stray dog looks at me and runs in fear that he may catch my disease
My hands freeze in the cold longing for that warmth of care

Kindness

I see people pass by and they are afraid to look
Thinking that I may reach out to them for help

Love

There are those who look and wish to help but care too much of what others may think
And they continue to walk but look at me from the corner of their eyes

The lights go dim
The play is coming to an end
Slowly I lift my head up
Eyes full of emptiness
Heart punched with holes
Never to be filled
I stand alone

Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment